Saturday 12 February 2011

Jimmy Choo Men's Collection: Don't Men Deserve Some Glamour Too?

Jimmy Choo, the footwear brand that produces glamorous shoes women love to covet, is to launch a range of men's shoes this summer.

Apparently pitched at the man in a Jimmy Choo wearing woman's life, it is a (relatively) masculine collection of loafers, evening slippers, hi-tops, biker boots and even a pair of croc Hunter wellies.





I must say, I am not blown away by what I am seeing so far. Apart from maybe a few of the hi-tops and the paisley patterned slippers, they look a bit, well, average to be honest. Not that I like the slippers, I actually think they are hideous. In fact the whole collection is boring.



It's just not what I would have expected from a fashion brand that gives women the likes of these fabulous black and orange patent stilleto's. I was hoping for some more colour, something a little more edgy at least and which would set them apart from other men's shoes. 

Surely we men deserve something a bit more exciting than a pair of black buckled croc shoes, however well made or high quality they are? I couldn't really tell them apart from a pair of Church's or Tod's and there is nothing that shouts Jimmy Choo, which is disappointing. 

Maybe, as I have no Jimmy Choo wearing women in my life, I am just not who they are aiming for, but I think they have missed a trick.

What do you think of them?



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I currently work as a costume designer at a costume shop, and I would love to get those paisley slipper things in every size. I guess this means that they look stereotypically costume-like.

Come to think of it, maybe all these shoes you've pictured look stereotypically like men's shoes. That is the problem.

Mr Musing said...

Jenna, yes for me that it is the problem, the could be shoes from anywhere. They do not look like Jimmy Choo's, which for me is a shame as I was expecting something spectacular. I can totally imagine the paisley slippers as costume though...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...