Monday 21 February 2011

Five of the Best: Men's Hi-Tops

Mr Musing loves a good pair of retro inspired hi-tops and right now there are some amazing pairs in the shops, from relatively inexpensive ones through to some eye-wateringly priced designer 'statement' offerings. If a pair of trainers doesn't come up above the shin, right now I am just not interested.

So keep those ankles warm with these beauties...




The High-End: These hi-tops from Lanvin just look pure class - although for the price I feel they should actually do the walking for you! The copper coloured patent leather and contrasting suede detailing stands out for being different to many of the other trainers I have seen. From the Spring/Summer 2011 collection, expect them to be upwards of £350. Lanvin.com.


Update: Okay, so while on holiday to Puerto Banus I succumbed to the beauty of these Lanvin hi-tops (below) and completely blew my budget buying myself a pair. 


I went for the silvery-grey colour as I figured I would get more wear out of them (I was coming up with any old excuse once I had tried them on). Unfortunately they don't actually do the walking for you but they do make you feel absolutely fabulous. 

The Collaboration: This pair of Alexander Mcqueen for Puma 'Descent' hi-tops made me a very happy boy at Christmas and are my favourite pair of trainers at the moment.

With interesting shapes and a comfortable cushioned ankle, you can wear these night or day. They also come with neon orange laces, which means you can choose to make a real stand-out statement. £225. Farfetch.com

The Understated: These Converse 'OS Academy Hi' trainers are clean and fresh in white leather, with contrasting red textile stripe detailing. A simple design, yet you'll stand out from the crowd wearing these. £65 Size.com

The Sporty: I just loved the simplicity of these 'highrise' trainers from Adidas Originals. The gold detailing contrasts nicely with the grey leather and they feature unobtrusive perforated adidas stripes. £62 shop.adidas.co.uk



The High Street: 
Okay, okay so AllSaints is not exactly the cheapest high street store but these vintage-look 'Lincoln' hi-tops are great for perfecting that scruffy care-free look. £95 AllSaints.com.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...